The Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship
DELIVER THE BEST RESULTS AT WORK AND IMPROVE YOUR CAREER PATH
PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE
The Seniors Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship prepares current and future senior leaders of an organisation for the complex and changing demands of contemporary businesses.
London Examinations Board delivers this rigorous standard that will develop managers and leaders to build sustainable and profitable businesses.
THE SENIOR LEADER MASTER’S DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP
This Apprenticeship standard was co-developed by businesses, professional bodies and training providers to ensure that the development and demonstration of key skills and behaviours are given equal if not more weighting to pure academic knowledge.
Apprentices will complete eight modules and undertake a work based project be assessed on how they have been applied in their work place plus an end point assessment towards the end of the apprenticeship.
Through case studies, reflective statements, professional discussions, work projects and portfolios, apprentices must pull together all of their technical knowledge plus their skills and training to demonstrate competencies across the whole Apprenticeship standard.
This broad focus should allow apprentices to deliver the best results for their organization as they gain more than just academic knowledge. They will also be readier and more suitable for progression opportunities within the company.
The End Point Assessment is the final milestone for apprentices. It examines their ability to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours through a range of assessment methods including a work-based portfolio and an interview.
DO YOU QUALIFY FOR THE SENIOR LEADER MASTER’S DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP?
The conditions are:
- your employer has a pay bill of over £3 million per annum so it pays into the apprenticeship levy;
- you are an existing employee or a new hire in a real job;
- you should already have GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths (or we will need to ensure this is achieved during the apprenticeship);
- you have an degree or at least three years’ work experience at a level relevant to the Master’s course content.
If you not have a degree, do you have other professional qualifications and/or managerial experience as this may be sufficient. Please contact us for further information.
Also, even if your organisation has used up all its levy funds there is a co-investment route where the government pays 95% of the cost. Your employer’s cost is spread over the 24 month duration of the programme and works out to less than £40 per month.
GAIN THREE MASTER’S DEGREES AND PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
London Examinations Board has a unique apprenticeship programme with an international and multiple qualifications offer. Apprentices shall be able to gain the following:
- Within 9 and 12 months a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration from London Examinations Board;
- Within 15 to 18 months an MBA from a French University or Grand Ecole in Paris and a Master in Management from North Borneo University College, Malaysia.
- From month 15 to 18 we prepare you for the End Point Assessment;
- From month 18 to 24 you prepare and submit your work-based project with our public UK University partner to gain an MBA (or Master’s in leadership and Management).
On completing the and passing the End Point Assessment, apprentices can register for membership with the Institute of Leadership and Management (and also the Chartered Management Institute).
DURATION AND DELIVERY
From start to finish this Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship should take no more than 24 months and is delivered on a part-time basis, i.e. while the Apprentice continues to work for the business.
Apprentices will undertake eight taught modules and each module is assessed as you go along by completing short assignments. Master’s degrees you will have to submit short work-based projects and maintain evidence and reflective logs.
To prepare you for the work-based project gain your Master’s degree we will work with you on research methodology module and with the help of your appointed supervisor complete the project. The project is usually based on a current work issue/subject.
The course may be delivered in a range of formats including day release, block release and blended learning and delivered through a mixture of class contact, online learning and support.
An apprentice must spend at least 20 percent of their time doing off-the-job training, i.e. studying.
GENERAL BENEFITS OF THE SENIOR LEADER MASTER’S DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP
- Apprentices will gain the knowledge, behaviours and skills to confidently engage in sustainable, evidence-based business decision-making.
- Apprentices will gain an in-depth understanding of how to shape organisations, explore new market strategies, apply economic theory and build high-performing collaborative teams.
- From the start, these apprentices are required to apply what is being taught to their employment context: reflecting on their work-based experience and solving real issues faced in their organisation.
- Apprentices are being empowered to undertake £18,000 worth of respected training and learning and achieve valuable Master’s qualifications which is free for apprentices and at nil or low cost to the organization.
- It is a £18,000 tax-free perk for an employee which should engender increased loyalty to the employer.
- The organization will continue to have all the normal statutory employer responsibilities for the apprentice. The employers will need to agree to providing paid time off from work for study, provide in-company support/mentoring for the apprentice and collaborate with London Examinations Board. However, the apprentice continues to devote most of his working day to the job.
- They will undertake a Master’s degree programme covering business, financial, management and leadership issues that all companies face while working and earning their salary.
- While having on-the-job training at Master’s level they will be able to apply what they learn quite early on in the programme.
APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
Period 1: First 12 months
Undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration’s eight modules covered via intensive one/two-day face to face classes plus online learning. The core modules are:
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Managing Operations
- Managing Business Strategy
- Managing Human Capital
- Financial Management
- Leading Organisation
- Project Management
Assessment: (i) assignments and (ii) evidencing application of learning to the job
Stage 2: Months 9 to 14
First – Undertake a research methodology workshop module to understand the requirements for the work-based project to achieve the Master’s degrees from France and Malaysia.
Secondly – Preparation of the work-based project. Apprentices will identify management issue or issues in the workplace to be solved using the various management techniques, practices and tools learnt from the eight taught modules.
Apprentices should select a research topic that is of interest to them, that capitalises on their skills and knowledge and will add value to the organisation on which the project is based. We will also help in selecting an appropriate topic for the project.
Stage 3: Months 14 to 18
Preparation for the End Point Assessment by the End Point Assessor which consists of 2 distinct methods:
- Project showcase: showcasing a work-based project which includes preparing the report, presentation and questioning; and
- Professional discussion: a review of your portfolio
The assessment methods contribute equality to the end point assessment grade i.e. 50% each.
The End Point Assessment is an essential part of all Apprenticeship programmes as through completing and passing it, Apprentices gain their Apprenticeship.
Stage 4: Months 18 to 24
Preparation of the work-based project for the UK Master’s degree. Apprentices should build on their initial work projects of critical management issue or issues in the workplace to be solved using the various management techniques, practices and tools learnt from the eight taught modules.
It will challenge apprentices to integrate their learning from all stages of the programme into a rigorous research project to help them better understand a key business issue.
It is designed to develop research skills plus knowledge and confidence in designing, developing, compiling and delivering strategic business projects. Working with your organisation, you will investigate and produce recommendations in a practical environment.
When you undertake the project a project supervisor will be appointed to you by the University. Together with University supervisors we will guide and instruct you in qualitative and quantitative research methods and the wider skills necessary to conduct a work-based project.
WHY LONDON EXAMINATIONS BOARD?
At London Examination Board we developed this Master’s level apprenticeship programme based on our experience of running MBA programmes and pathways for our learners that include universities in the UK, USA, Australia, France and Malaysia. We are an international training provider with learning centres in Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Myanmar Macau, Hong Kong and Mainland China.
We currently have over 200 MBA students learning with us. Our international experience has given us complete confidence that as an established training provider we can cater to the needs of individual learners who wish to develop their knowledge through structured and customized learning.
Our Senior Leaders Master’s Apprenticeship will be delivered via blended learning so the programme will be scheduled in a flexible manner to meet employers’ and learners requirements and taking into account their family needs. We are not a university delivering academic focused learning.
Face-to-face learning will take place in a convenient and suitable location and shall combine workshops/lectures with suitable amenities etc to create the most conducive and best possible learning experience.
Apprentices are also welcome to attend graduation ceremonies at the universities in France, North Borneo Malaysia and the UK.