MBA – DUAL Award from Brittany Université, France and VERN’ University, Croatia
The MBA is a 90 ECTS credits programme that is managed and promoted by London Examinations Board for all off-campus delivery. It is a dual award MBA so graduates will receive an MBA from Brittany Université, France and VERN’ University, Croatia.
All students will be charged a library fee of £50 for the Masters programme valid for one year. This is payable on commencement of the programme and will be billed with the first instalment of fees.
This dual award qualification route helps nurture integration, collaboration, and change to improve individual and team performance to enable you to live and work in the new era of interconnected and international businesses.
Awards to be conferred
A: MBA from Brittany Université, France – view sample certificate
B: MBA from VERN University – view sample certificate
The aim of the MBA is to develop and enhance the understanding of emerging theories and practices on contemporary management. The MBA facilitates a critical exploration of the role of business in a complex multi-stakeholder society, and the connectedness of business with society and the increasingly global and networked economy.
The programme will provide participants with the essential skills as well as the advanced knowledge and understanding of international business and strategic management.
The programme follows a problem-based learning approach, and participants will be expected to demonstrate how they have utilized their learning and development in solving business related issues and problems by integrating and building on perspectives from the course and the literature, and their own contexts through an End Point Assessment via a Reflective Development Log and Portfolio as well as a Work Based Project.
Programme Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the programme, students will be able to
- Use self-assessment, reflection, evaluation, feedback and developments in theory and evidence-based practice to improve their ethical business practice in a variety of contexts
- Apply a deep understanding of relevant theory and practices to predict outcomes and create business solutions in complex environment
- Communicate key issues effectively and creatively using numerical, graphical, oral and written skills
- Conduct ethical research on business topics, based on critical analysis of academic research and professional practice, and communicate findings
- Setting strategy, direction and vision, providing a clear sense of purpose and driving strategic intent for an organisation
- Cultivating an innovative, good governance and supporting corporate culture to deliver business performance including sustained competitive advantage
Instead of individual assessments for each module, learners compile a reflective and evidence based professional development portfolio. This is to demonstrate the acquisition and application (in the work place) of the knowledge, skills and attributes showcasing managerial development
There will be an end point assessment of the professional development.
In addition, there will be a Work Based Project of between 8,000 and 10,000 words in their chosen specialisation.
On completion of the 6 taught modules and the Work Based Project, students will gain a dual award and will be awarded an MBA from Brittany Université as well as an MBA from VERN University.
An applicant may be admitted on the basis of evidence to suggest that he/she will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the programme and achieve the standard required for the award
A number of criteria are used in considering admissions to the programme including candidates’ language proficiency, academic and professional qualifications. And includes the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree qualification in any subject from a recognised institution
- A professional qualification equivalent to a degree and a minimum of two years of working experience
- Mature and high potential candidates without degree or equivalent qualifications but hold Diplomas or Advanced Diplomas with more than six years of work experience of which at least two years are at supervisory – managerial level
- Mature and high potential candidates without Diploma qualifications but with more than 8 years of work experience of which at least 3 years are at supervisory / managerial levels
- Demonstrate English Language proficiency in order to participate in the programme taught in English
Advanced Standing/ Exemptions/ Credits Transfer (APL)
Consideration for the above for students admitted onto the programme may be considered either at the beginning of a programme, or beyond the beginning of a programme, through an assessment of that student’s prior learning, whether certificated or un-certificated. The process for making such a decision is known as the Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) is a matter of academic judgment exercised by the appointed panel considering applications and approvals of APL.
Where cohorts of students are to be admitted with advanced standing on a regular basis, the arrangement should be subject to an Academic Progression Agreement.
The MBA has a total of 90 ECTS credits and comprises of 6 taught modules at 10 ECTS credits and a Work Based Project at 30 ECTS credits.
The taught Modules are:
- Cross Cultural Management
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Human Resources
- Corporate Governance, Ethics and CSR
- Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Leading Change
End Point Assessment – Work Place Development Portfolio
Professional Development Portfolio of 4,000 – 5,000-word This includes a Reflective Log plus appendices consisting of collection of relevant artefacts to support an achievement of work-based knowledge, behaviours and attributes to be submitted within two months of completing the last module
Work Based Project
The Work Based Project of between 8,000 and 10,000 words accrues 30 ECTS credits.