MBA – awarded by the University of the West of Scotland
This is a two stage MBA where you must first complete the London Examinations Board Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (“PGDBA”) followed by a Strategic Business Project with the University
This qualification helps you to develop a strategic, integrated and holistic perspective of organisations. On completion of stage 1 graduates will start stage 2 and undertake the Strategic Business Project.
This internationally respected degree has been designed to reflect the evolving nature of business and the global challenges facing business leaders. It focuses on developing strategic analytical skills, business intuition, and enquiring and adaptive thinking.
Learners will develop the analytical and research skills needed to make logical arguments and creative contributions to improve business and management practice. The MBA is structured to provide a strategic perspective on business and management.
At the end of the strategic business project you should be able to:
- Critically evaluate research approaches and methods in the context of business and management
- Critically evaluate the rigor and validity of published research and identify areas for further investigation
- Marshal relevant data, apply appropriate data-analysis techniques and present your findings in a clear and professional manner
- Plan and design a strategic business project in any business area
The Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration – please go to the relevant page on our website to access the details
The Strategic Business Project with the University of the West of Scotland.
This is the cornerstone of the programme and is the Masters stage of an MBA. It challenges you to integrate your learning from the earlier stages of the programme into a rigorous research project to help you better understand a key business issue Â
It is designed to develop your research skills plus knowledge and confidence in designing, developing, compiling and delivering strategic business projects. Working with an identified host organisation, you will investigate and produce recommendations in a practical business environment
Your supervisor will guide and instruct you in qualitative and quantitative research methods and the wider skills necessary to conduct a business project.Â The supervisor will also help in selecting an appropriate topic for the strategic project
You are required to select a research topic that is of interest to you, that capitalises on your skills and knowledge and will add value to the organisation on which the project is based
The PGDBA is assessed by LEB through coursework, assignments and work based reports
Assessment for the Strategic Business Project is twofold. The submission of an in-depth project proposal worth 25% and a final submitted project of between 9,000 and 13,500 words which carries the remaining 75% of the total marks
Please go to the relevant section of the PGDBA page on this website for details
You will need the certificates from LEB evidencing your successful completion of the PGDBA to enrol with the University for the Strategic Business Project