The Master of Education (M.Ed.) programme provides training in subjects related to educational institutions key operations and policies management. The interdisciplinary curriculum emphasizes pedagogy, curriculum design, behaviour management, business improvement and development for educational institutions
Brittany Université is officially registered and approved in France by the Département du contrôle de la formation professionnelle en Ile-de-France
Awards to be conferred
- Master of Education (Adult Literacy)
- Master of Education (Child Development)
- Master of Education (Project Management)
- Master of Education (Teaching and Learning Online)
- Master of Education (Instructional Design)
- Master of Education (Leadership and Management)
Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership and Management awarded by London Examinations Board.
The rapidly changing education environment prompts the need for dynamic and well-informed educational leaders who are innovative and committed to the continual improvement of schools. Educational leaders need to have a deep and up-to-date understanding of current trends in curriculum, assessment and instruction and a future-focused perspective.
The focus is on theoretical understandings and practical skills that meet the needs of leaders in the complex educational landscape. It offers an opportunity for in-depth examination of current thinking, theories, models, issues and practices that contribute to the transformation of educational institutions.
Students can pursue careers in secondary, higher education, international education associations, accreditation agencies, international development or human service agencies, non-governmental organizations and cultural exchange programmes.
Student can choose any of the following specialisations for their MEd:
- Adult Literacy
- Child Development
- Project Management
- Teaching and Learning Online
- Instructional Design
- Leadership Management
Programme Learning Outcomes
This MEd is designed to help you meet the challenges facing management in the global and digital educational environment. It will develop your critical and strategic thinking and equip you with the necessary tools for solving problems.
On completion of this programme, learners should be able to:
- Apply leadership and management principles towards being a transformative leader
- Develop the skills of critical reflection to improve his or her professional practice
- Motivate, coach and mentor staff to meet the needs of the changing educational environment with limited resources
- Exhibit personal characteristics that contribute to change, innovation and the improvement of schools
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of current thinking in pedagogy, curriculum, assessment and technology
100% of the assessment is through coursework and assignments for the taught modules.
The Final Work Based Project report on the specialisation has a word count of between 8,000 and 10,000 words.
On completion of the 6 taught modules and the Work Based Project, students will gain a dual award and will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership and Management from the London Examinations Board.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent;
- English Language proficiency in order to participate in the programme taught in English; and
- Relevant working experience in the following areas:
- Academic and administrative leaders of higher education institutions working at the central, faculty or department level
- Policy makers and planners from Ministries of Education and other educational regulatory and planning bodies
- Senior-level educational administrators
- Educational consultants
Advanced Standing/ Exemptions/ Credits Transfer (APL)
Module exemptions for students if applicable will usually be given at the beginning of a programme following an assessment of that student’s prior learning (whether certificated or un-certificated). It is a matter of academic judgment exercised by the appointed panel considering applications and approvals of APL.
The MEd has a total of 90 ECTS credits and comprises of 6 taught modules at 10 ECTS credits each and a Work Based Project at 30 ECTS credits.
The taught Modules are:
- Educational Leadership and Management
- Instructional Leadership and Management
- Strategic Management and Leading Change
- Digital Leadership in Education
- Organisational Culture and School Improvement
- Research in Educational Leadership and Management
AND a 30 ECTS Work Based Project
The Work Based Project
The work-based learning project must relate to your chosen specialization
You should use a range of quantitative and qualitative methods for providing information and evaluating options. You will need to demonstrate an in-depth critical understanding of your chosen aspect of education including and your management problem solving and decision-making skills and techniques.