Participants will be awarded a Diploma of Achievement in Public Policy upon successful completion of the Module.The Module
1- Public Policy
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Take a critical view of policy analysis, recognizing the variety of considerations that shape policy outcomes and the variety of ideas, expectations, and norms that shape debates about appropriate policy solutions and the assessment of policy outcomes.
- Demonstrate advanced theoretical and conceptual knowledge of public policy and governance, developing their understanding of current debates within public policy and governance.
- Articulate concepts, knowledge, debates and research to peers, specialist and non-specialist audiences from an inter-disciplinary perspective, contributing to evidence-based policymaking.
Topics covered include
- Public Policy
- Public Management
- Public Financial Management
- Risk Management in the Public Sector
- Managing Human Resources in the Public Sector
- Regionalism, Decentralization and Governance
- Environmental Politics and Policy
- Sustainability Governance: Politics, Policy
- Democratic Politics
- Country Foreign Policy
- Global Environmental Governance
50 Multiple Choice Questions which must be completed within 1.5 hours.
Recommended study time in notional hours
200 hours for each Single Subject Diploma.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Each fully taught Module has a recommended face to face lectures and tutorials of not less than 12 hours.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Each blended Module has a recommended face to face lectures of 6 hours of face to face lectures and provide full access to online learning material.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Each fully online Module will provide full access to online learning material.