Participants will be awarded a Diploma of Achievement in ICT upon successful completion of the Module.The Module
1- Introduction to ICT
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of the main processes of an ICT system and all the components that is used.
- Expose the knowledge, skills and attitudes which are responsive to the challenging needs in the computing industry.
Topics covered include
- Overview of ICT in workplace
- Basics of ICT
- Contributions of ICT to the workplace
- Interpreting information
- Framework for ICT
- Six Major Trends of ICT
- Programming languages
- The operating systems
- Mobile technologies
- Database management
- Security and control
- Information management
- Building information system
50 Multiple Choice Questions which must be completed within 1.5 hours.
Recommended study time in notional hours
200 hours for each Single Subject Diploma.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Each fully taught Module has a recommended face to face lectures and tutorials of not less than 12 hours.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Each blended Module has a recommended face to face lectures of 6 hours of face to face lectures and provide full access to online learning material.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Each fully online Module will provide full access to online learning material.